Saturday, March 7, 2009

Define it...

I hope I can get this all out...

The other day I was driving home, giving myself a pep talk of sorts. My mind started to wander down a familiar road. People ask us what we do for a living and we answer with 'I am ...' Rather than 'I ...' We are so defined by our jobs that we don't even think twice about saying that our job is what we are. Because of that, I started to think 'who am I?' I'm not talking about the fuzzy, way out there in the middle of space answer, but the now, the here. As I type I can already tell that what I told myself that night won't come out in my fingers as they type away. But that's ok. The 'me' I am changes with each breath I take.



"I am more than I know myself to be."
~Anonymous


I am a healer, I am a woman, I am someone who is ready to open up, to be seductive if the right key is found, I am sensual, caring, serious. I am a counselor, a friend, a soft place to land when things are rough. I am a reiki practitioner, practicing each day to be the master that is within. I am bold and brazen, yet I am shy and quiet. I am a person who loves to be outside when the world is full of mist and mystery, when the forest turns into a land from the imagination. I am a nature freak, with a taste for things only found in the city. I am sensitive and because of that, I am strong. I am a lover who sometimes falls to easily and too quickly, but has no regrets in doing so. I am a writer, a jeweler, a minister, a teacher. I am an old soul who is separate yet never alone. I am ready, ready to step into my power as a person, ready to learn how to tap into all aspects of my being. I am ready to do great things. I am me.

If you read my list, and question some of it, talk to me, ask me, maybe I can help you to see that part of me. For those who know what I do daily to earn a living, you'll notice I did not mention that job in this list. It doesn't define me. It allows me to be who I am safely but it is not me.

So then.... who are you?


No comments:

Post a Comment