Friday, January 23, 2009

Believe


I've been taking stock of things recently... life, direction, motivation... you name it I'm eyeballing it. I'm ready for my life to go in a direction that it hasn't really been going. So now the task becomes figuring out how to get things going in the direction I want. That or just charging in blindly... that doesn't really work usually so that plan is out the window.

I've been doing a lot of thinking about what I do versus what I am. What I do is what pays the bills, provides health insurance, etc. What I am is what drives me, what gets me going, etc. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy my job. There's just more out there that really interests me.

This entry is showing all the signs of bouncing from topic to topic. They're all related and connected though, I promise. It might not be all too evident however.

If you were going to die soon and had only one phone call you could make, who would you call and what would you say? And why are you waiting?
~ Stephen Levine


I'm ready.

I've been saying for months how I'm ready for change, as if saying it multiple times will somehow magically make the universe realize that it can hit me with change. This of course has dangers as well because the universe could suddenly decide to hit me all at once rather than gently send it on my way.

You cannot be lonely if you like the person you're alone with.
~ Wayne W. Dyer


So now I begin to make the changes in my life that need to be made in order to achieve what I want to achieve. I can see the final picture, I see it all the time, I'm just not sure how to get from A to C without first knowing what B is. Faith has been placed in myself and the PTB.

As your faith is strengthened you will find that there is no longer the need to have a sense of control, that things will flow as they will, and that you will flow with them, to your great delight and benefit.
~ Emmanuel

No comments:

Post a Comment