Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Quieting the Monkey Mind

“Meditation is the tongue of the soul and the language of our spirit”
~ Jeremy Taylor

Our lives are often so busy we forget to sit and rest our minds for a few moments each day.



I started this entry a few days ago... and then stopped. To me that is a great example of needing to just sit sometimes. Instead I got so wrapped up in things and got busy and tired and and and. Bottom line is, the entry sat dormant for several days waiting to be finished. My week has been so hectic between working, going to the gym, trying to spend time with family, etc, that I haven't really taken a moment to just be quiet and breathe. Even when I try and take a few moments before bed my mind is racing with thoughts from the day or upcoming days. So I shall now resolve to try and work more meditation back into my life. It's time. To that end, I'm browsing the podcasts to see if there's anything new I might want to listen to.

No comments:

Post a Comment