Saturday, January 10, 2009

Deliberate Intensity of Life


I often talk about change, how I feel it coming, how it's making my life go wonky, etc. Despite all that, I don't often stop and reflect on changes when they actually happen, or what they mean. The new year has brought changes with it this time. They're subtle but quite obvious at the same time. I'm more on point with things this time around. I've made a decision to be my true self because that is the only way that I'm going to get where I want to get in life. If I can't buckle down and get the job done now when I'm in a support position, how can I expect to do it when I'm in charge of things?

Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe. ~ Gail Devers

So, now that I've begun to be my true self again, where does that lead? I am back to being in charge of things, not taking slack from anyone, am requesting others to challenge me, and am challenging them to be their true selves. Part of all of that is simple trust.

When you have come to the edge of all light that you know and are about to drop off into the darkness of the unknown, Faith is knowing one of two things will happen: there will be something solid to stand on, or you will be taught to fly. ~ Patrick Overton

Trust is never that simple of course. It takes a lot of effort on your part, to let yourself go to that place. You have to be ok with yourself and all the ups and downs that come with that self. We never have been, nor ever shall be perfect except in our imperfections. We have good days, we have bad days, we have days that are just days with no real good or bad quality to them. The trick then, is to be able to look yourself in the eye and say 'Here I am, this is it. I can live to my full potential or I can live a passive life and I cannot be passive!'

Life is to be lived. If you have to support yourself, you had bloody well better find some way that is going to be interesting. And you don't do that by sitting around wondering about yourself. ~ Katharine Hepburn

So, live deliberately, and live intensely. Show the world who you are and what you stand for, and don't be afraid to stand out in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment